Three of the chosen security forces personnel in Bohol have decided to quit the ongoing training for the new Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team of the province, said a Philippine National Police (PNP) official.
According to Senior Insp. Manuel Soliva, corps director of the PNP’s 6th Special Action Force Battalion, the three SWAT trainees dropped out of the course due to physical complications.
The SWAT training for the new elite team of security operatives in Bohol involves grueling physical and skills training which is being done the entire day since late November.
Soliva said that trainees wake up at 4 a.m. and rest at 10 p.m.
The remaining 67 trainees will undergo this week pistol and rifle-firing, close-quarter combat and first aid exercises, he said.
The aspiring SWAT team members will also go through rappel training in Dauis next week.
The training which started on November 29 will last for around 70 more days, Soliva added.
Currently, 49 policemen and 18 military personnel continue to undergo exercises of the SWAT course which is expected to be completed in the last week of February or first week of March. (Rey Tutas)